Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Malwarebytes for Mac

Malwarebytes comes to the Apple platform.

It's been a good long while since I posted, but I wanted to start sharing some things I've uncovered that are worth having out here at least for reference.

The tool that I've recommended for using on PC's for some time now, as an extra step to find and remove malware/spyware and other such unwanted applications that have made there way into your system is now available for the Mac.

Like the PC version, when you install this on the Mac, it'll want to do an update to make sure it has the most current version of it's database, as well as make sure what you installed from is the most current version of the application.  With all of that done, you'll click the scan button and let it do its thing.

When completed, if it finds anything it doesn't like, you'll be presented with a list of things it would like to bring to your attention.  Generally speaking, if it finds something, you want to remove it.  Make sure everything is selected, likely with a check-box, then tell it to remove the items.  When it's done that, it make tell you to reboot your Mac; please do so.  That's it.

I use this tool when I think there's something "funny" going on in the system, or I suspect there's a virus or malware doing something I don't want it to do.  Such as serving up "extra" advertising or pop-ups when I surf the web.



Good luck and hopefully this is helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment